This privacy statement discloses our privacy practices at ME Jewellers. We are committed to protecting your privacy and encourage you to periodically review this page to be informed of how we treat personal information that our website collects when you place an order on this web site. This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that ME Jewellers does not own or control or to people that ME Jewellers does not employ or manage.
INFORMATION COLLECTION & USE
ME Jewellers collect your personal information when you place an order on this website, or register for updates or newsletters.
Information you supply when placing an order will only be used in fulfilment of that order. For your convenience, we store this information for future potential orders. This information is only accessible using your password that you set when registering for the first time.
Personal information collected and maintained by ME Jewellers generally comprises:
- personal details such as name, address, date of birth
- contact details including phone number, fax number and email address
- credit card information
- user preferences and demographic information to help us to serve you better
- unique identifiers such as user name, account number and password
Personal information is used by ME Jewellers for its legitimate business purposes, as disclosed at the time of collection. It is also used for ancillary purposes such as locating and identifying customers or otherwise servicing ME Jewellers relationship with its customers.
If you choose to register to our newsletter, you will receive email messages from ME Jewellers only. ME Jewellers may also use personal information collected for the purposes of marketing its goods and services. Because we respect our users’ privacy, we provide a way to opt-out of these communications. On rare occasions it is necessary to send out a strictly service related announcement. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance we might send you an email. Generally, users may not opt-out of these communications, though you can deactivate your account. However, these communications are not frequent in nature.
ME Jewellers tracks the traffic throughout our site. This information is used to compile overall statistics and is not recorded at an individual level. This includes IP (internet protocol) addresses, browser type, ISP (internet service provider), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and #of clicks to analyse trends, administer the site, track user’s movement in the aggregate. The statistics help us decide which products and services best serve our members and guests.
ME Jewellers uses aggregate information from demographic surveys, traffic patterns and IP addresses to customize our site. Aggregate information is occasionally shared with third parties for purposes such as planning or executing advertising or promotions.
INFORMATION SHARING & DISCLOSURE
- to provide the product or service you have requested
- to abide by law enforcement agencies
- we deem your actions on our website to be fraudulent or violate our terms & conditions of service.
- to comply with legal process or governmental requests
- to protect our operations or those of any affiliated entities
- to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of ME Jewellers, any affiliated entities, you or others
- to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- in the event of any merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of the assets or stock relating to ME Jewellers.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY